Pages

December 2, 2010

Filipino Bucket List

I was just finishing my bucket list (I edited the bucket list I've written years ago...) when I came across this Filipino Bucket List. I was doing some "bucket list hunting" online while doing the editing. I decided to google "Bucket List of a Filipino" and tadaaaa, I came across a blog that wrote more of a checklist for us Filipinos. And I wanted to do it too!! Thus, this blog. Haha.


Just place an X by all the things you’ve done and remove the X from the ones you have not.

(x) Walked in the flood --- I also did try swimming. No kidding. Back then, when I was a kid and germs and dirt are my friends.
(x) Ate balot (and penoy) --- This I totally looooove!
(x) Ate kambing (goat), ( ) aso (dog) or ( ) bayawak (giant lizard) – I would like to try dog and the bayawak. But just once please.
(x) Ate adidas (chicken feet), helmet (chicken head) or isaw (chicken intestine) --- This I totally loooove too and crave for!
(x) Rode a tricycle
(x) Rode a karitela
( ) Rode a trolley by the houses along the riles (railroad)
( ) Been to the Rice Terraces --- Excited to do this. Sagada!!
( ) Shot the Rapids at Pagsanjan
( ) Gone to the Lanzones Festival
(x) Ate with your fingers on banana leaves --- Boodle fight! A staple GK activity during GK builds.
(x) Ate Taho
( ) Ate aratiles --- What's aratiles again?
(x) Attended Simbang Gabi ( Midnight Mass ) – But never finished the whole set. Must include this in my bucket list.
(x) Played Patintero --- All these street games, I miss!!
(x) Played Tumbang Preso
(x) Played Piko
(x) Played Sungka --- I want to have my own sungka set!
(x) Played with Spiders (Gagamba derby)
( ) Climbed a coconut tree
(x) Danced the Tinikling
(x) Got on a jeepney where you had to stand
(x) Got on a jeepney
() Caught fish in the canal during a rainy day
( ) Participated in Ati-Atihan
(x) Eaten fish head
( ) Got drunk from lambanog (coconut wine)
(x) Attended a Prosesyon (Procession of the Stations of the Cross) during Holy Week
(x) visited an inmate at Bilibid prison
(x) Gone to Baguio – once
( ) Gone to the Sagada
( ) Gone to Palawan.
(x) Gone to the the Visayas --- Bisaya RULES!!!
(x ) Gone to Mindanao --- hoping to travel all throughout Mindanao!
(x) Lived in any other part of the Philippines – Luzon now
(x) Cut class – Guilty. If this means the same as going home just because you don't want to attend that certain class.
(x) Told manananggal, aswang stories during a brownout or rainy night
(x) Slept under a mosquito net
(x) Slept on a banig (mat)
(x) Polished the floor with coco husk (bunot)
(x) Tasted durian --- Tasted and that would be my first and late. Just can't stand the smell.
(x) Ate pandesal filled with condensed milk
(x) Dunked pandesal into hot coffee
(x) Rode a kalabaw --- our "sundo" in Iloilo. I miss my Tatay Diko. :(
(x) Took a bath under a “poso” or by the “ilog” --- BOTH!
(x) Used a pumice stone when taking a bath
(x) Tumulay sa kawayan
(x) Kept vigil at the Cemetery for Nov. 1st
( ) Had their first date in Luneta --- I am doing this!! haha
( ) Have gone inside Malacanang
(x) Gone shopping at Divisoria --- I love the energy of the place!
(x) Has serenaded or has been serenaded (harana) --- We do this in Bohol every time a neighbor celebrates his birthday. Fun!
( ) Gone to Camiguin Islands
( ) Gone shopping in Quiapo
(x) Eaten champorado with chokolate and tuyo
(x) Eaten dirty ice cream – sorbetero ice cream is LOVE!
(x) Greeted your grandparents or elders by kissing their hand or having them touch your forehead
(x) Seen Taal Volcano
( ) Watched the sunset by Manila Bay --- before the Luneta date, we must stopped by here first. Haha.

There you go. That was fun! I need to do all of these! Hope to be able to share my (edited) bucket list here soon too. Paalam!

No comments:

Post a Comment