Pages

November 18, 2011

If There's A Will, There's A Way

Today's learnings:
  • If there's a will, there's a way. If I will it, I can wake up as soon as my alarm went off. Who invented the snooze anyway? Relate much? Hehe. Finally found time to actually just sit and focus and pray fervently...for as long as 30 minutes! It's been a month since my last (irregular) prayer time and I finally made time to just sit and do away with the noise in my head and just focus on the silence of my heart and listen to God. He just continuously reveals Himself to me and it was just this morning that my heart finally exploded and I decided to just pause and allow God to embrace me and His spirit to consume me. 
  •  "Should not have doubted God' grace." My bestfriend's reflection after she passed her LET Exams which I made it my reflection for today too. :) Congratulations bestfriend
  • There's always a first time for everything. 
  • The beauty in one's heart never fails to exudes and show physically. 
  • I've been reading through today's #adcon22 timeline in twitter and I picked up some simple yet (what I think are) powerful marketing insights. I actually dreamed of being able to take up crash course/s in online/web/internet/social media marketing. I dreamed of being able to attend conferences that will enrich me and help me with what I currently do for GK. And the Ad Con is one conference that I would want to go but it costs P20,000. Yes, you heard me right. Quite absurd and impossible for people like me, in my current financial state. That's like my tuition fee for one semester way back in college! Mag twitter stalking muna ako for now. Mwahaha. Thank you technology! I truly heart you. So insights reposted below:
    • Act out your brand's purpose to be effective. - Mark Tutssel, Leo Burnett.  
    • People want to play an active part in a brand. They want to be involved. - Mark Tutssel, Leo Burnett  
    • Create connections. Not commercials.  
    • Joeri Van den Bergh: New meaning of Cool = Surprising.   
    • Today, products are about feelings and emotions, not the products themselves. - Joeri van den Bergh, Gen Y expert.  
    • Keys to Gen Y Marketing Succes: 1. Stay true to roots. 2. Warm is the new cool. 3. Be open and respectful. - Joeri Van der Bergh  
    • Top 3 models of this generation: my friends, my mom, my dad - Van den Bergh #adcon22
  • Just got reminded once again that happiness is a choice, a decision. Thanks Pearl! :)
  • Most of the things in life are meant to go through a trial and error process.  
  • And I've got lots of online finds that I would want to share here. Today, we had a quick marketing  meeting and a short presentation of the survey we conducted. We were asked to "profile" our assigned target markets for our pre-work for GK's Online Planning next week. The source of this week's Friday Finds (another "segment", not necessarily found online) are:
So there you have it. My notes and learnings for today. I am excited for Human Heart Nature's Humanity Fair tomorrow. Can't wait to see my friends from Cebu tomorrow! Yay!

No comments:

Post a Comment