Pages

February 23, 2012

Day 2/40: Of Celebrations and Realizations


Tonight is videoke night with my first and previous SFC household with our household head's original household to celebrate because Nanay Hazel (my household head) passed the recent Physical Therapist Board Exam and (supposedly) Tatay Gilbert's (my household head) new married life with Ate Zha (but they couldn't join us). Cheers to celebrations and the gift of friendship and community! And of course because it's videoke, I belted my heart out singing the song "Realize" by Colbie Caillat (above).

I am still a little bit scared and anxious of all the things that I have to do and catch up at work and I have to wake up at 3 AM later for a sideline job. But tonight I am reminded, as Ate Hazel gave her thank you speech, to learn when to surrender, pray and entrust our plans and make way for God to reveal His greater plans for us...and so I rest my case.

And oh, I catch myself smiling as I type these last few words. It must be the cold weather tonight. Or it could be the song "Ikaw Ang Aking Mahal" that John Lloyd (JL fans, whuttup!) sung in the movie Unofficially Yours that was played in the videoke. Or my bestfriend's text (Hi Mishy!). Or the stars (I've never seen that much ever since I came here) that we saw as we walk to the car. Or it must be something else. :)

2 comments:

  1. Bwahahah! It's definitely something else! <3 For more videoke nights and celebrations!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bwahaha. So subtle? Haha. Let's videoke night when I get back! :)

    ReplyDelete