Pages

February 22, 2012

Let's Work Together!

GK has always been so good in working with a lot of groups and individuals who shares the same vision and mission. I have met a lot of people from different background and beliefs and yet we share the same passion, showing our faith through GK, hoping to make a significant impact to the lives of others. But never was I this excited to actually share, work and learn from other NGOs who wants to make a difference in the world as much as we do, one step at a time, one child at a time, one sick person at a time, one family at a time, one community at a time. I was given an opportunity to meet a couple of them twice since I started working in GK. The first meeting, I was not yet that enthusiastic because I admit, I was too engrossed about GK being the best and so I didn't even mind not being able to meet fellow participants who where from other NGOs. Not thinking that they too are just like us, that we too started small, with a desire and mission to help, choosing to dedicate and commit our lives so others may simply live and start dreaming again. On my mid-first year in GK did I open my heart and my mind, less possessive about the GK spirit, and started and decided to embrace the mindset that for us to be able to spread the GK way and the GK spirit across a bigger network, we have to be more willing to work together with not only the usual organizations, groups and corporations we work with, but with NGOs too, big or small! And help the small non-profits to scale up and find a way for us to work together.  

I am in charge of everything online about GK and as a newbie in the digital world two years ago (and I still am at this time!) and in the working population, I tried to read everything that is related to the work I do. I have learn to love it as well. It is in those searching for knowledge and best practices that I came across blogs and online communities and even twitter hashtags of non-profit organizations that support and work and learn from each other. One perfect example is Connecting Up in Australia. They provide a venue for non-profits in Australia to meet, to talk to one another online and offline, to learn from each other and to share their respective non-profit's best practices. Very, very cool! I was wishing the same thing for the Philippines and so I posted in Facebook last night about that wish. And guess what? Ate Ish, our IT Head, invited me to sit in in their meeting with Techsoup. I was thrilled especially because I know they're working with Connecting Up and Microsoft who is by the way starting to provide a venue for non-profits to work and meet , just like what Connecting Up does in Australia. Innovative collaboration, knowledge sharing and digital landing. Those just stick in my mind after today's meeting. Last December's Social Media for Social Good Workshop too inspired me to be able to be of help to other non-profits in whatever way I can. And I'll be more willing to learn from them too!

So there. Just trying to release the excitement that  is inside of me right now. I am excited where this will lead us to and I know God has a bigger plan for GK, as always. I like what Ate Issa said during that meeting, that as GK, we don't mind that our name never got mentioned and published but as long as we are able to help our fellow non-profits grow and be able to help and reach out to more communities, to touch more lives. We cannot do this alone so collaboration and working together is indeed key for our 2024 vision to become a reality. For God and country! 

No comments:

Post a Comment