Pages

February 24, 2010

UP.

Russell: Good afternoon. Are you in need of any assistance today, sir?
Carl Fredricksen: No.
Russell: I could help you cross the street.
Carl Fredricksen: No.
Russell: I could help you cross your yard.
Carl Fredricksen: No.
Russell: I could help you cross your porch.
Carl Fredricksen: No!

this seemingly simple yet funny conversation was one of my favorite exchange of wits in the movie UP, especially when delivered by an adorable and "tambok" (that actually made him really cute) boy scout trying to complete his badges. this movie caught my heart once again, like the last Pixar film, Wall-E. And the reason i'm writing this blog is because I want to take advantage of the laptop that will be staying with us for a week. the urge to blog, a short one for now, is irresistible, maybe because i want to take my mind off our upcoming final thesis defense. this is no movie review! haha. the other reason i'm writing this is because i want to add a new category on my blog. whoopee! inspiring motive right. the last reason is a friend sent me this picture minutes ago that made me recall this movie.
 
doesn't this reminds you of  Mr. Fredricksen's house and i love the bursts of color of the balloons amidst the monochrome-colored and modern structures.

 
then i saw a picture of this cute little boy being reblogged in tumblr. Doesn't he remind you of Russel?

 
scenes of ellie and carl melted my heart. aaaaawww. <3 love. love. love. splendid thing. can't wait for the day when i get to meet someone and fall in love, do mushy stuffs and like this scene, have a picnic together, lie on your backs under the shade of a tree and talk for hours about your dreams and adventures together and spending your time doing a lot of things that you both love and learn to love. patiently waiting for God's plan to unfold before me.

No comments:

Post a Comment