Pages

March 5, 2012

Day 11/40: What Lead Me Back to My 2012 Prayer

This day started as a mess. I set my alarm at 6:30 AM so I can start my day early...but in the end, I woke up at 9:10 AM. Really, Maymay? 3 hours later? I have a gazillion backlogged things to do and at this very minute, it still remained as that...a backlog. Good job! #sarcasm At naghashtag sa blogspot. Haha Well anyways, but this day turned out to be quite different...just like any other day...different and happy. Yay to spontaneity! No sarcasm there. :)

I love that I've been receiving calls and inquiries the whole day through about the Bayani Challenge from our teams preparing on the ground. I can feel the cramming and the pressure and the excitement. More and more prayers are needed! Please be our prayer warrior! :)

So, we left the office despite the many deadlines that I need to meet just so we can catch up our 5:30 PM Zumba class and it was one fun and rowdy class. Enjoyed it. One of the best I attended so far. :) 

Another spontaneous thing today...I've got a deadline tomorrow, the online toolkit for GK's roll out with our AC teams this month! Surprise! HAHA. So here I am, staying up all night to finish that one. And I have the Bayani Challenge registration process to finalize. Oh geez. 35 days to go! Crazeeeeeeee! Lord, keep me sane.

My day doesn't end there. After Zumba class, I accompanied Ate Tine, our chapter head who is now also working in GK (Yay!), to the first ever chapter Music Ministry meeting of the year and tadaaaaa....here I am, a new MusicMin member. Okay, I'll give this one a try...it makes me excited. Something new. Let's see where this will lead me to. It isn't in my list of things to do for the year but not closing my doors on this new opportunity to serve through music. 

My day doesn't end there pa. After the Music Min meeting, we head over to Conti's in Makati (their mango something cake is to die for!) to send off Kuya Carlo as he'll be married soon. So many getting married this year. I love! I get to meet his fiancee who happens to be one of the volunteers that we met (but not meet meet) in Prieto Diaz, Sorsogon 5 years ago. We can't forget her because she took a lot of photos of our kids during the Paraisong Pambata. Na-amazed lang ako how those people in your past suddenly appears from somewhere. Amazing how God leads people back into our lives. Na-amaze lang talaga ako.

So there. This mababaw post is not just for the sake of blogging but to remind myself too that God has His ways of making you feel loved and blessed in the simplest of things and sometimes in the craziest ways...just like the MusicMin story today. So many new and unfamiliar things happening and I claim that there'll be more. Exciting! He sure is starting to answer my prayer this year for myself and for my family that I'd like to share with you: The Prayer of Jabez.

Photo source here.
Together with the prayer above, I pray for strength, courage and wisdom that I may do what is right and pleasing to Him. It's just the first quarter but my commitment and passion and dedication is tested. At may theme song pa yan na kasama, Beyond the Borders by Jamie Rowe. I so love this song, a must listen. My favorite line:

"Lord, I want to be your vessel, and move beyond my fears...As I stand at the edge of my border, as I long to reach past the world I know, Lord enlarge my territory, open my eyes, take my life, beyond the borders!"

No comments:

Post a Comment