Pages

March 8, 2012

Day 14/40: Sound of Music

Photo source here.

What started out as a simple wall post by a highschool batchmate to another highschool batchmate of planning to watch the musical, "Sound of Music" here in Manila turned to a lengthy exchanges and  roll calling and planning to watch it together instead of just the two of them. Haha. I am excited! 50% off pa! Keeping my fingers crossed! Hope we will get to watch the musical together. Musicals never fail to bring back highschool memories. It was those happy times that I learn to love the world of musicals and their music. I remember I almost memorized all the songs and the lines from the musical, Into The Woods. It was our batch play back then and I love that it was a "mash up" of the fairy tale stories. Definitely a must watch!

Hope this will actually push through. I wanna watch a musical LIVE played by experienced stage actors and actresses. Though I never dream of watching one in Broadway, I'd be really, really ecstatic if that would happen. :) Sharing with you one of the songs that my favorite Nanay back in highschool (our musical queen!) loves to sing and which I also love, I Enjoy Being A Girl in The Drum Song Movie. A fitting song for today's International Women's Day. Happy International Women's Day to every beautiful woman, inside and out, who is reading this piece. Who run the world? Girls! 


I would've want to post Lea Salonga's version but I can't find an actual video of the play. I am quite surprised that I still memorize half of the song. My most favorite line, "And my future I hope will be...in the home of a brave and free male...who'll enjoy being a guy having a girl... like... me." 

And oh, the number of comments on the wallpost as of this posting, 33! HAHA. Hope we actually will get to watch this together. Would love to catch up and rekindle old friendships with friends who left me a lot of good and fun memories. 

No comments:

Post a Comment