Pages

September 19, 2010

Begin where you are.

Begin where you are.

It's 12:40 AM and I'm still up. I was supposed to blog earlier but family comes buzzing me in Skype and my supposedly one-hour or two devoted to reading and writing is reduced to a 30 minute cramming to catch up some zzzzzz's before a busy Monday.

It's kinda weird that it's been two months now that I've been putting aside books. To think I have four books stocked up in my roommate's table. I just lost my interest in them. Just like that. And I've stopped blogging regularly. Just like that. So sudden. But I am just so happy and giddy that I'm planning and forcing and bribing myself to get back. on track. of reading and writing again. I have these recent spur of the moment encounters that made me want to read and write again.

1. Back in Cebu, National Bookstore Ayala is a haven for me.  I never let a week pass by without dropping by or staying there for hours. And especially during college days, it has been one of my favorite place to escape to whenever I feel pressured (as if...haha) on many stuff that's going on in my life. Before I even came to work here in Manila a few months ago, I promise myself to find a nearby NBS or Fully-Booked that I can run to whenever. Nothing beats Fully-Booked in The Fort but it's 3 rides away from where I currently live and work so it won't work that much. But I recently discovered another book haven in Greenbelt where I can possibly sit and squat and read all the books I want. That discovery awakened my love and yearning for books again. Hooray!!!

2. I had this 30 day blog challenge a month after I arrived here in the big city and I promised myself that I would document every life and story that touches me and every struggle that I have conquered. That I would be able to share my journey towards self-discovery. God never fails to surprise me with His love-filled day to day plans for me and I would very much love to share the path that I choose to walk on. But it lasted for just 9 days. Psh. And for almost 2 months, I suddenly stopped writing. At times, especially times when I'm sooooooo inspired and I feel I have so much love to give because God has loved me generously, I find myself wanting to go find a pen and a sheet of paper to write on because there's no laptop or a desktop in sight and then I go, okay later, when I'm at home, I have to write about this and share it to other people so they too can be inspired. Which obviously, I didn't get to do. Procrastination has done a good job messing with me these few months. And I have decided to put an end to it. Right at this moment. at 1:14 AM.

3. Because people are asking me to write stories of hope here and there so that makes me want to widen my vocabulary, remember a few "oomph" words that goes right with a statement and give justice to an inspiration and fall in love with writing again. So many amazingly inspiring stories to write!! God just blows us away, every single day. More of them at www.gk1world.com

Now, I feel refreshed that I actually get to write down something no matter how senseless in a way it is. The moral, you just have to start somewhere so you can get things done. or for you to get back on track.

So I'm doing a 30 day challenge once again. Why 30? Cause I read somewhere and my bestfriend affirmed me that a thing becomes a habit after 30 days of doing it. I just forgot why. All I can figure out for now is that 30 days makes a month. Right? Street smart answer. Woohoo! LOL

The catch is that, I am not only blogging for 30 days straight, I'm having other 30 day challenges as well. And I would loooooove if someone could join me. :)
1. 30 day blogging challenge
2. Read a chapter or two a day from THE RIGHT TO WRITE by Julia Cameron. or better yet finish two books within 30 days.
3. Do my Human Heart Nature regimen once again. Haha. I tend to skip a day or even 2 just because I'm too lazy and I'm not used to doing those beauty stuff but I would very much like to support a Pro-Poor, Pro-Philippines, Pro-Environment product line so here I am trying to do this. Product review? some other time perhaps.
4. Make a To Do List before I leave the office. I have this major tendency to forget things and work that I need to get back to. Which frustrates me at times that it makes me want to solve algebra or trigonometry to make my brain restart or something. My memory is draining too soon. A glimpse of memory gap at its early stage.
5. Prayertime. I miss my God. :)

Thank you, Kuya Kirby and Ate Sky, for your blogs that continue to inspire. And to my bestfriends, please do write again. :) Join me!!!

So who wants to join me in this 30 day voyage? Just say aye, aye Captain and we will go sailing to the unknown and exciting blue waters of tomorrow. Yay!

Let's do this!!!

From The Right to Write (Chapter 1):

"Writing is like breathing. I believe that. I believe we all come into life as writers. We are born with a gift for language and it comes to us within months as we begin to name our world."


"Writing goes much better when we don't work at it so much....writing is like a good pair of pajamas-comfortable."


"Wherever you are is the entry point."

3 comments:

  1. always challenge yourself to write. it makes you know yourself more. :)

    God bless you on this journey. praying for you.

    Sky

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Ate. :)

    And thanks for dropping by!

    God Bless you too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ate May,
    tip lang.
    Try not to use "stuff" too much. Try to articulate and find accurate words for what you mean other than "stuff".

    Besides, I know for a fact that you are a great writer. Tas, with where you are and what you're doing right now, there's so much to write about. I will gladly accompany you in your 30-day challenge. Maybe someday you could write a book about all your adventures. For sure, I'd be one of the first to get a copy.

    Continue to write, continue to inspire. :)

    ReplyDelete