Pages

September 24, 2010

DAY 4: Journey


It's 10 PM and we're on our way to CamSur to prepare for the International Marathon. Just finished watching SALT. Makes me miss watching Jackie Chan movies with all the kicks, punches, and rollings and the fact that he does all the stunts excites me. Good thing the bus is "sosyal" so I don't have to bear watching those Japanese movies with morbid scenes that buses usually play on their TV. Rejoice! It's gonna be an 8-10 hour travel so that means I have time to blog and to pray and well, time to sleep. Woot!

I loooove and miss travelling and that's what makes me excited for this trip too! I think the love for travelling began way back then. Road trips, boat rides, those were my first forms of travel. Riding a plane cost a fortune back then. But we were so lucky that we have a number of relatives in the Air Force so we get to ride a couple of military planes more than I've ever ridden commercial planes as of the moment. But airports truly fascinates me and I can stay in one for long hours. I think. Haven't tried it though. I just love how airports are able to bring out different emotions in people. The heaviness in one's heart when a loved one has to depart and the anticipation and rejoicing that awaits the arrival of a loved one.

We were lucky to have an Ilonggo and Boholano descent so we get to travel a lot since we were young.My family just loooooove road trips, may it be just short or long hours spent on the road. We would tag along with Papa in his mission trips as this is his way of introducing us what he really is passionate about: God, country, family.

Travelling opened my mind and helped me learn a lot of new things and that's why I want to travel more. It has opened my heart to endless possibilities of being able to reach out and serve others. Travelling in groups gets me all giddy and I cherish those times that I get to travel alone. And I dream of travelling the world! Who doesn't? But I would very much like to be able to see and explore every island here in the Philippines too!

And as they always say, life is a journey. I too believe it is. To reach the final destination is the goal but it is important that we'd allow ourselves to enjoy the sights and scenes as we go through life. To overcome the bumpy and muddy rides, the traffic jam, the pitfalls, the scary waves, the raging wind and the storms. Make time for those that matters most which for me is my God, my family, my friends, the people who have been there for me, and those that need my love the most, the least. I am but a storyteller of these wonderful lives that I get to encounter from day to day. 

Take time to read a book, say a prayer, thank a stranger, thank a loved one, say sorry, write a letter, draw, dance, bathe in the rain, sing, walk, run, jump, stargaze, start a conversation, laugh, cry, breathe, and love. For when God welcomes you in your final destination, He will surely ask you if you were able to open your heart, if were you able to love. So as we continue to search and take our own journey, may we always be grateful and be reminded to love with all that we are, not counting the cost. For He first loved us.

No comments:

Post a Comment