Pages

September 21, 2010

DAY 2: Life-long Dream

5 months. Away from home. It's been five months and three days now that I've been away from the family, friends and environment that I've spent my last 11 years of existence. Homesick? Totally!!! There are just those mornings that I wish I have my younger sisters and brothers beside me especially on Sundays when we all decide to sleep in.  I miss hearing my mama's voice call us for breakfast and this I miss the most, waking up unusually a little earlier than we used to because Papa's booming voice just wouldn't stop 'til everyone's up. Haha. Difficult, yes, but every difficulty can be surpassed, with God's grace. Thankfully, the foundation was planted deep in my heart that this is really what I wanted to do.


This I often shared when I was still in school, that all I want to do after I finish school is become a missionary. Nothing more. I remember the many times that I was asked over and over again if this is what I really wanted, and without hesitation, I would enthusiastically replied, YES. No if's and no but's. My life-long dream has always been to give back the glory to the One who planted this desire in my heart, to work in GK. And I have my family most especially my papa to thank for. My lifetime and years of working as a missionary will surely not be enough but I am hoping that the love and the divine providence that He has blessed me and my family with will reach the people who is after His own heart, the least, the wounded, the lost.


The voyage will not be smooth sailing. Who says it is and will be? Being away from the comforts of home and the people who loves me is not easy, but who says the journey towards heaven is? I am just hoping and really excited that one day, when my time will come to meet the Great Guy up there, He'll be the one to welcome me in the pearly gates of heaven with His dazzling white robe with His arms wide open saying, "Well done my good and faithful servant. You have loved! Good job, Maymay! Welcome home, welcome to paradise."


But for now, I'll take in what is set before me. The unbearable pain brought about by the wounds of loving, the immeasurable joy of being able to share all of me without expecting anything in return, the ginormous tank of blessings waiting to be poured so that I can have so much more to give. The gift of family, friends, and fellow missionaries in Christ's vineyard. The gift of loving and being loved unexpectedly. Surprises, surprises. They just doesn't stop coming. And may all of us be blessed and confident in knowing that we have God up there who is gazing at us every single minute of our life here on earth, crying and laughing with us and awaiting our return to everlasting life.


From The Right to Write (Chapter 4): 
"Taking the time to write in our lives gives us the time of our lives. "

4 comments:

  1. Ate May,

    Might I add that it is also the Balatayo family (especially you and Lynlyn) that inspired me to also become a missionary someday? Yes, in the things that you do, you not only become inspired, you also inspire everyone around you. I am one of them (raising hands excitedly)!

    Indeed, if you do the things that you truly desire you will never regret it and the blessings just come pouring in.

    Hoping to work with you for the sake of the calling someday. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aaaawww. Thanks tin. You're inspiring too and I know you miss me. :D

    You may want to read bubut's comments on my blogs. He sends it to me thru email. Lots of aha moments.

    ReplyDelete
  3. They just doesn’t stop coming? They just don’t stop coming kay referring to surprises mn kha. 

    Unsay title ani – the Distant God? Hahaha! You started with the 5month distant home and seemed to ended up farther with the Buddy up there. It is true to have a Buddy is up there but it is important to take note that He is not only up there, He is even closer to you than your breadth, and even closer to your feelings or memories. He is the one who by your personal desire and other’s intercession, cultivates to perfection your life long desire - to proclaim His kingdom come. He is at work in you and through you and apart from Him, we can bear no fruit.

    Lastly, I strongly doubt that God would call us by our nicknames. Though, we have been so fondly called in this earthly life by those, we were born of heaven during our baptism upon which our Christian names were given. It will then not sound so formal as it do so today but rather sweetest for our hearts will have heard the very voice that gave it life.

    Well, I hoped this went kinder than usual…mmm Gently Buddy through Francesco and the heaven’s intercession always reminds me to be kind and as to this writing, the last reminder went around 3mins ago. So I have to revise this before sending it back. Haha

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pero it's so difficult to make comment here te May kai tuyu-onon kau. Pero cge lang. for you. ;)

    ReplyDelete