Pages

September 30, 2010

DAY 8: Accountability


Amidst all the spiritual and emotional storm brewing and raging here and there, exchange of hurting words, desperate and unChristian motives, unmet expectations and disappointments, I am sure of one thing, that I am accountable to only one person. I am accountable to my God. Nothing and no one else. I am choosing hope. I am choosing love.

The storm will subside, in His time. Just as He had calmed down the storm when His apostles were frightened. I am praying though that it would be soon. Heartbroken? Yes, I am. And I am hurt the most for those who have been trampled upon with all of what's happening, especially the least. We may never know what His plans are but I continue to pray for patience and understanding and more love, especially at the most difficult of times. Human love may have failed us but God's unconditional love won't.

Love will conquer all as it always has for God is LOVE. 

Praying continues...

*We may not feel the fruits of our action now, but someday we will. There is wisdom in turning the other cheek.

*From a Gandhi Movie: We will fight their anger but we will not provoke it. We will not strike a blow even if they do. We will feel pain and they will see it. And in our pain and determination they will be hurt. We will never fail. We cannot fail.

No comments:

Post a Comment