Pages

May 12, 2010

DAY 1: Written.

day 1. whopee! i am having a hard time of thinking of something to start off this write- up. so here it goes...

I remember a few years back, I kept a diary, hidden under my unruly stash of clothes, where I write all my thoughts and activities for the day. Elementary and early high school days. Sometimes, I go into details especially when the day turns well or extremely disappointing and bad. At other times, I write in full or sometimes only half of the page. But the thing there is, I actually get to write almost everyday. I love to write letters and have loads of them from friends. Good thing my best friends love to give and write long letters too. That means an addition to my stack. A manually written letter means a gift of time and effort and that equates to love. At present, as much as i want to put aside my inspirations to write cause I get too lazy or too preoccupied to do some other more important things, it will always come back haunting me. I often find myself having conversations within my mind. Talking to oneself is common and may still be weird in public but having a battle of conversation going through one's head is not an everyday scenario (i'm really weird...haha). I find it ironic that when you start to think what you're going to write, you'll have a hard time processing what you want to write but when you allow yourself to follow the rhythm and write whatever comes to your mind, you actually get to write more sense-ful stuffs. The best thing is that you'll get to astonish and surprise yourself of how good that write-up turned out to be. And I actually love to read blogs and write-ups. So I find myself comparing to other writers and bloggers, which makes me not see myself as a "real" writer. Too much analyzation is going on when I start comparing thus I end up not writing at all. But I'll put an end to that. From now on, i'll stop comparing and start writing. well, that's what the next 30 days will be about. finding and rediscovering the passion within. and if this is where God is planting me, I know this is where He wants me to grow.  If it's His will, then let it be. after all, it will always be about Him and no one else.

6 comments:

  1. Hugs Maymay. I believe in you and proud of you. You are like a seed and God has great plans for you. So grow, grow where you are planted. I'm here for you, to support and guide you! I am so happy, I know God has led you to us and answered my prayers. it's really amazing when God does that and you see it's realization before your eyes! "Stop comparing and start writing." "Follow the rhythm." You got it right. When you write from the heart, and you allow heaven to use you, miracles happen. After all, we are only his pens. Praise belongs to him. It gives him great joy when we use the gifts he has given us and we too are blessed when we use our talents for the good of all. Let us continue writing and persevering...God is great! and we are his princesses. Let us prepare the way for others and bring them closer to him. Love ya maymay.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bestfriend! :) I am veeeeerrrrryyyyyy proud of you. You kept running after your dream until you finally found yourself living it.. for God and for country :) I am praying for you, bestfriend! Hope to see you soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ate Marj,

    first commenter of this blog. clap3. thanks ate! Thank you for being nice, for making my first few days here happy (though i really have a hard time expressing myself in tagalog...haha) and for believing in me. It would be an honor to become your mentee. Love you too ate. :)

    Bestfriend,

    Thaaaaaannnnks! And you had your dream come true too. And I am proud of you too. Thanks for the prayers bestfriend and I am praying for you too. See you soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ka-relate ko Ate May. Sometimes, I write and then after reading it I am amazed at what I wrote. Murag d ka ka-believe na ikaw ang nag-write. Pero, in fact, dli judd ikaw ang nag-write. It is God writing through You. Excited to read the following entries. Ayaw ka-shock kung cge ko ug comment. hehe.

    BTW, I appreciate receiving long, manually written letters from loved ones too! :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. padad.i gud ko nnu og card dri ig birthday nako hap! snail mail. manually written letters. no printed please. haha. gnahan ko og commenters. i.nvite sad cla tot og pearl og bubut. d ko kafacebook pirme gud. haha. salamat sa pagpromote.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Kirstin KintanarSunday, May 23, 2010

    hahahahahaha! demanding much? :P

    unsa diay imong address dnha? :D

    ReplyDelete