Pages

May 1, 2010

Food Trip!

its my 17th day in the capital city of the Philippines. i'm learning a lot and trying a lot of new and different stuffs and that includes fooooooood! and God knows that i'm on a strict diet when it comes to my budget, so he sends the right people to bless me with good company, inspiring stories and good food. so brace yourself for i will go all out on sharing with you my food trips for the last 17 days. they may not be new to you, but they are to me. not all food chains are present in Cebu and Manila never seems to ran out of restos to choose from. way back home, i am totally faithful to my mama's recipes, plus the fact that we choose to get away with eating from restos because, well, we have mama and the budget for one resto would be our family's for a week. but my love for Jollibee and Hukad and my mama's varying recipes will be forever. (and yup, i've written them all down in my planner so as not to forget...haha.)
so here we go:

1. Persia Grill. Located in Ortigas. Date with ate Nina and ate Andy. ate Nina chose this place because she loves their food, especially the Persian rice, which is a little bit bigger that our rice. We also had an ox brain, and it doesn't taste like a brain at all. as if i knew what a brain really tasted. haha. ate Andy was being generous to the extremes that day. 


2. Chocolat. read as cho-ko-lah. with an H. Located at Mall of Asia. courtesy of Ate Andy of course. We ordered Death by Tablea, which tastes like, tantananan, tablea. makes me miss that chocolate drink. chocolatey and yummy!

3. Good Burger. Located at Katipunan. This street is indeed full of restos and food shops especially burger. They have chicken and veggie patty so I think it's healthier than the "baboy" patty. wrapped around on foil with your name top. love that too. la lang. haha. a must-try!

4.  Starbucks. I'm not new to this, but I had my first ever purchase in Starbucks a few days ago. An almond iced tea. and the day after that, a frappucino. i think the iced tea's not worth the price but the frap is a thumbs up, always. i'm not really much into coffee as they said it would make you "nerbyosa" and all and i'm already "nerbyosa", sometimes. but what can i do, the people around me just loooove coffee, especially in Cebu and for the love of these people, i won't mind forgetting about the "nerbyosa" thing. i ordered the chocolate chip one because it made me think of my bestfriend, who paid for my first Starbucks purchase years ago. :)

5. Hot Shots. Located at San Miguel Ave, Mandaluyong. Burger and fries. And made me think about my papa about ranting how unhealthy burger and fries and all other unhealthy foods and how it'll make us sick easily. but i blocked his voice on the back of my head and enjoyed the meal. he's not here anyway. mwahaha.

6. Big Burger. Located at Robinsons Galleria. A burger joint. and my papa's gonna kill me if he knows that i've been eating nothing but burgers. haha. had this before a movie night with the Oquinenas and the inspiring titos from Visayas and Mindanao. watched Date Night. the Kuyas were all laughing their hearts out in the movie and the titos go zzzzzzzzz and i go, "wow, this is my second time to watch this movie". haha.

7. Next Door. Located at San Miguel Ave, Mandaluyong. love the chicken with the lemon thing. and i found no photos of this resto and the two before these and i would want to share the visuals so you'll go drooling. darn! don't really know how to describe because i'm not that good with adjectives and synonyms. yummy , delicious and very good is all i can think of. 

8. S&R pizza. had this very big sliced-pizza at that imported grocery store in The Fort. had me full at just one slice. or maybe because i had dinner before that.


9. Chilis. Near Greenhills. love their fish thing which i forgot what its menu name was. and i love how they give their kid customers some paper and coloring materials so they'll get to do their thing with those and the nicest art goes to their art bulletin.


10. Krispy Kreme. This is not new at all. every Manila trip is not complete without having a taste of these donuts. even when i was in Cebu, friends would definitely look out for a Krispy Kreme pasalubong. it may have become a Manila delicacy to us.

11. Other food stores. which i get to eat in in ordinary days here. Sisig Hooray! which is yummy and baboy and my papa's gonna freak out again, in a subtle way. Bacolod Chicken Inasal. Mang Inasal. Mcdo. Aling Banang's which is nearest to our boarding house.  JOLLIBEE!!!! 

That's all for now folks! Hope you get inspired to have more friends so you can avail a lot of free food and of course, lots of inspiring stories to listen and learn from and good company to share with. 

No comments:

Post a Comment