Pages

May 18, 2010

DAY 7: Stars

“Indescribable, Uncontainable, You make the STARS in the sky and you know them by name, you are amazing GOD.”
Who would look up the stars and wouldn’t believe in God’s magnificence. His love for intricacies, and His unfathomable wisdom in details. I love stars, and up till now, I am still awed whenever I see these shining, glimmering heavenly bodies. (I just miss these tiny stuffs since I don’t get to see them here in Manila, except the shining yet not glimmering light from the posts in the busy streets). That song up there has been playing in my head for hours. LSS, thanks to a friend. (hi Ate Marj…J) Excited for the concert. Yaaay! And I remember, I have this fascination about stars from the songs to photos and stuffs and even thought of having a star collection. Virtually will be healthier, budget-wise. I remember that whenever we get to go out at night and see the stars (star-gazing bonding is a must), me and my sister will go looking for Orion’s belt and Big Dipper. And only that, since we’re not familiar with other star constellations. I have even included in my bucket list to wish on a shooting star since I haven’t seen one yet.  hopefully in my lifetime, I will. Reminded me of one of my favorite Kids for Christ (KFC) song, “Superhero”, where one line goes, “He’s the one who hangs the STARS, one by one”. And another praise song entitled “Praiseworthy” with a line that goes, “Im forever thankful for the stars in the night. How they sparkle and light up the night skies. All of these is beauty oh how profound. All of this power.. all of this Love.” Stars indeed make you worship its Maker, and above all, we should be STAR struck to its Creator. Like the stars, our Maker would want us what stars do best, SHINE. Shine amidst the stubborn darkness that surrounds us to glorify the Author of Life. Shine to give light to those who live in the night of despair. Stand up, stand out and stand firm. For it is in giving the best of who you are are you able to bring out the best and greatness in others. Let me leave with you my favorite movie quote of all-time from the movie Coach Carter. 
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness, that most frightens us. Your playing small does not serve the world. There is nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people won't feel insecure around you. We are all meant to shine as children do. It's not just in some of us; it is in everyone. And as we let our own lights shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same. As we are liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically liberates others. “

5 comments:

  1. You are a star my dear Maymay. Shine bright.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kirstin KintanarWednesday, May 19, 2010

    I have always felt the same way Ate May when I look up at the night sky. I keep asking myself, "How could someone look up at this and not believe that there is a God." Looking up at stars is a deep moment of faith for me.

    I also like your last paragraph about us being stars and hanging on to God who made them (stars) and us. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ate Marj,
    Thanks ate marj. excited and blessed to be working with you.

    Tin,
    Salamat sa pagbasa. Gnahan gyud ko og comment so no worries. Igna sad sila tot og pearl na mucomment og mubasa. :) And i remember you like stars too. just because I like them. haha.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kirstin KintanarSunday, May 23, 2010

    HAHA! Will tell them Ate May. HAHA! Feel pudd kaayo nimo na idol tka sa? :P

    ReplyDelete