Pages

May 18, 2010

DAY 5: Inspiration.

*accidentally deleted Day 4: Senseless Blah. Hay. 


I thought of writing an article for today’s activity when the sun was at its highest peak today, amidst the cheerful chatters of the sporty-clad SIGAs behind me, and the excitement around me brought about by the partial announcement of winners, but decided against it. Too early. And I was on the bleachers of other side of the main stage area, assigned for re-announcing the sectors that’ll be playing a certain sport. So there I was, left to watch all that is happening around me, happy, filled with enthusiasm, and who would’ve have thought that these youth come from less fortunate families than I am. Honestly, they look more “sosyal” than I am. Seriously. Their smiles and laughters, contagious. Their stories, extraordinary and inspiring. I even thought I was in a YFC-ILC Conference and I would have to remind myself that it was a SIGA Olympics. You wouldn’t know the difference, physically, emotionally and spiritually. We started the event with an opening worship and they do praise like there’s no tomorrow. And they would best know how to be grateful since some of these youth really did experience the hardest of times. On the streets, out of school, drugs, vices, you name it, they’ve had it. And because GK has started and never stopped dreaming for the poor, these youth will have a brighter future and we will get to see a better Philippines. I even met a new friend, Nancy from GK Arkong Bato. She’ll be an incoming freshman at De La Salle University and will be taking up Early Childhood Education. Kudos to La Salle for giving a great privilege such as this. Nancy is one of the less than a hundred SIGA scholars that are studying in La Salle. Indeed, the best for the least. And she shares, that one day, she wants to give back and work fulltime for GK too. When God’s hand is at work, anything and everything is possible. A dose of inspiration here, a little of imagination there and loads of faith, hope and love, life-changing circumstances does occur. Marikina Sports Complex showcased a glimpse of heaven that day, filled with games, sports events, fun, faith, freedom, friendship, and of course free food for us service teams. As much as I want to be God’s messenger of love and inspiration that day, I was the one moved, inspired, and blessed. An affirmation that indeed GK is God’s work and I wouldn’t mind dedicating every second of my life, shedding a tear or two, offering every drop of my blood (yes, GK is padugo), and wasting my life in living the GK way. Cause with heartaches and heartbreaks comes God’s great promise of eternity and a better tomorrow for these youth and more youth and their families that GK will continue to nurture and love. And I know it will be so much worth the fight til the end. So much worth it.

4 comments:

  1. Kirstin KintanarWednesday, May 19, 2010

    Naabot judd ako gpangayo na write-up Ate May. hehe. GK continues to serve, continues to inspire and continues to change lives. Praise God! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Unsa gipangayo na write up ba? Yup, despite its imperfections, GK continues to inspire and change lives, just as God wants GK to be.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kirstin KintanarSunday, May 23, 2010

    Sa imong day 4 ni-comment man ko na ganahan ko makabalo unsa nahitabo sa SIGA olympics. mao na. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. naa sa gk1world. ipost nako ugma. :D

    ReplyDelete