Pages

May 11, 2010

Thoughts of a Nation- Builder

Thoughts of a nation-builder. I was thinking of creating a new blog site for my thoughts as I continue my journey as a nation-builder and a full-time missionary. Got all inspired and excited to write when Kuya Kirby shared his stories about blogging and after reading through his song compositions and write-ups. I was thinking of that before whenever I see myself working fulltime for GK. That every life- changing and heart melting story of every volunteer, kapitbahayan and partner ought to be shared and passed on. Just realized now that because I ultimately want to share, as much as possible, every inspiring GK story to everyone i meet and come across, I am where I am now, the marketing team of GK. God's amazing coincidences. And though I am an office girl, (which I don't really see myself be, because I was envisioning myself before to be travelling a lot and doing the work on the grounds. but it's okay, i'm still loving it anyways since i know in one way or another, I am contributing to GK's vision of a slum-free Philippines :) I know I'll still find a lot of inspiring stories to share since I'll have my weekends, hopefully, to be involved in GK activities on the ground. I'll give myself 30 days to write daily of anything and everything under the sun, and if i get through the 30 days , i'll think about creating a new one. I need to have the discipline to write and not just to write whenever I am inspired or feel like doing it and ignite my passion to write and tell stories through writing (since i'm not really good at expressing myself verbally). I recently read a book which i forgot what the title was, that you need not write when inspired, first you can write with your mind, the heart sure will follow.

so hopefully i'll get through the 30 days. *fingers crossed*

No comments:

Post a Comment