Pages

May 20, 2010

DAY 9: Be Grateful.

Had this conversation with a friend yesterday,

Me: May lagi gyud wala na lang ko nipalit og Starbucks. (I shouldn't have bought Starbucks.)
Friend: Ayaw na. No regrets. Nag-enjoy man kaha ka? (Don't. No regrets. As long as you enjoyed it.)
Me: O. Lami man ang caramel. (Absolutely. Love the caramel!)

Thought bubble: I'm not much of a translator. Even from Bisaya to English.

So there. Lesson learned. We had this conversation cause after I bought coffee, I realized I don't have any money left in my wallet in that afternoon and to think there's dinner to spend pa. I wasn't even praying for a free dinner yet God still sent me free dinner. Thank you Lord for surrounding me with abundantly generous people. He never fails to surprise and His generosity can never be outdone. The lesson there, learn to count your blessings, be grateful. Focus on the blessings and you'll never ran out of things to be thankful for. I remember having this almost same conversation with my bestfriend through chat... since she's miles away from me.

Me: Bestfriend!!! How is u? Kahibaw ka, nakapurchase bitaw ko og starbucks tungod og meeting. twice na. feeling gyud nako nakasala ko kay mahal rba. hahaBestfriend: ahaha! char na kaayo ka hap. meeting2 nakag starbucks. Karelate ko ana, mura kag maguilty kay mahal pero ayaw lang na tagda bestfriend ahaha! The Lord has always given us enough. We should live out our gratitude by being always thankful for the big and small things. ehehe, naa sad bitaw panahon na wa tay lami na kan-om...ahaha, pero thankful japon ta. :D

no translations na. so, so long conversation. hehe. Go figure!
The point, I deserve God's blessings and what I have right now. There are just those times that I feel guilty over something just because I think I don't deserve such blessing. Big letter "I" think. But that's not what the way God thinks. God knows that each one of us deserve His love, mercy, generosity and blessings and it is up to us to open ourselves to His extravagant love. We can never fathom God's wisdom and what we can do is have a grateful heart. Count our blessings, stay happy and grateful, open our hearts for the tons of blessings coming our way, and share His love.

4 comments:

  1. ahh..now i found it!
    -Balbabubotch

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kirstin KintanarSunday, May 23, 2010

    Lahi lagi ta Te May. Usually if I buy Starbucks dli judd ko magmahay kai usually I drink Starbucks with a close friend or two... or a lot. Hehe. So it's a small price compared to the time I get to spend with them. I am grateful for them and that is how I express it. By bangka-hing starbucks. HAHA!

    I am also grateful for friends who bangka me when the time comes na wa pudd koi kwarta.

    Blessings here, there and everywhere! Especially amongst the people we love. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. But,

    ummm, thanks? haha

    Tin,

    hey, dli kaha ko anad. first time gani and there's that second time. haha
    yeah. i don't want to do starbucks alone man sad oi, whenever im in a meeting or something. haha

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kirstin KintanarMonday, June 07, 2010

    Bati btaw mag-starbucks by yourself! Good things are supposed to be shared with the people you love. :D

    ReplyDelete