Pages

May 19, 2010

DAY 8: Today is I LOVE YOU day!

Heard from Disney Channel a few hours ago that today is I LOVE YOU day! That day does exist after all. But for me, everyday should be I LOVE YOU day. Makes me want to call home...later. My papa never fails to include these three words when he sends a text. My papa is a man of a few words (but when he's in his happy and exciting mood, all he does is talk about GK and the environment and he goes teasing mama and all) so his texts such as this really means a lot. And that gets to rub off on me, mama and my younger brother. I carried that over and my best friends are mushy people too so I get I love you's a lot. My "macho" younger brother's sudden mushiness is truly a surprise. I got his ever first text message that ended with an I love you a few months before. I was shocked and excited and can't stop teasing him about it. I really kept that one (and as I was looking through my phone after I wrote this sentence, some of the text messages that I kept are gone...hmmmm) The day before I left for Manila, we had this normal fight between brothers and sisters. He went home a few hours after I reached home and he handed me flowers. Red roses bouquet. First flowers I received. Ever. So that means a lot. I was melting inside, like aaaaaawwwwwww. And I couldn't imagine that we were mortal enemies as early as 3 years old to around early high school days chasing and wrestling each other when we feel like, you know, arguing and fighting. So that's a big leap and a big change in him. How about you? Have you said I love you to the most important people you love? A kiss and a hug means a lot. As they say, action speaks louder than words. Have you thank and receive a hug and a kiss from the greatest Lover of all time? Have you set a date with Him yet? I have this feeling that when we tend to forget to spend time with Him, even for just a few minutes in a day, He goes planning something out to catch your attention. A sunrise or a sunset, an unexpected surprise, a concern that will make you seek Him, a blessing that will make you thank Him. And you know how much He really, really loves you? More than all the love in the world put together, higher than the highest part of the skies and deeper than the deepest depths of the sea, more than we can ever imagine. He love you that much that He sent His only Son to save you and me. This much.

2 comments:

  1. RAWR te may! HAHAHA!

    Karon pa ko kadungog ana na story Ate May. Si JR imo pasabot sa? HAHA! That was sweet of him. :)

    In the end, when Jesus left His only commandment was to love God and to love others. :D

    ReplyDelete